Why Go Raw & Local? The Wonderful World of USDA Certified Organic Blueberries
Enjoy the great outdoors with your family at our blueberry U-Pick. Blueberry picking is a fun healthy experience for the whole family.
A Land of Delight Natural Farm & Nursery is a peaceful environment for kids of all ages to get away from the noise of the world while eating raw foods and nourishing your soul. Happiness is only one blueberry away.
Now that you have a delicious supply of A Land of Delight USDA organic blueberries, what’s next?
Large batches of blueberries can be stored in the freezer, but there is a specific way to freeze them without all the berries clumping into one ball.
Here’s what you do:
• Lay the berries out flat on a pan and look for twigs and leaves.
• Do not wash before freezing because the liquid will toughen the skin.
• Let the blueberries freeze separately on the pan.
• Once that’s done, take the pan out of the freezer and pour the frozen blueberries into a plastic bag and put them back in the freezer.
• You can always wash them later when you’re ready to eat.
Please share this post of it was helpful to you.
Delightful Blueberry Muffins
• 1 cup fresh or frozen *USDA certified organic blueberries
• 1-3⁄4 cups plus 1 tablespoon flour, divided
• 1⁄2 cup sugar
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 teaspoon nutmeg
• 3⁄4 teaspoon *All Natural Pink Himalayan Salt
• 1 *pasture raised egg
• 1 cup sour cream
• 1⁄3 cup milk
*ALOD produce and products
• Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease twelve 2½ inch muffin cups.
• Toss blueberries with 1 tablespoon of the flour.
• Combine the remaining 1¾ cup flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, and salt. Set aside.
• Beat egg, sour cream, and milk in a separate bowl; stir into flour mixture until just combined (batter will be lumpy).
• Fold in blueberries until evenly distributed.
• Fill muffin cups 2⁄3 full with batter.
• Bake about 20 minutes until golden.
For best results, stir unthawed blueberries lightly dusted with flour into batter.