U-Pick Brussel Sprouts
Everyone knows they are supposed to eat their vegetables. So why not make it fun with our mouth-watering Brussel sprouts at A Land of Delight Natural Farm & Nursery?
Brussel sprouts are considered by many to be a nutritional powerhouse. Here are some benefits to list a few:
- Low in calories
- High in fiber, which may stabilize your blood sugar
- Rich in vitamin K (needed for blood clotting and bone health)
- Good source of vitamin C (aids in iron absorption, tissue repair, and a strong immune system)
- High levels of antioxidants, which could fight certain forms of cancer
- Good source of Omega-3 fatty acids
Also, at our family-run A Land of Delight Natural Farm, we have a variety of vegetables grown from a healthy land. Not every farm makes the quality of their soil a priority, but we do through crop rotation and fertilizer from aquaponics.
So try our Brussels sprouts! You are truly investing in your health and the health of your family when you eat our produce.
On Market Day when you fill your bags up with U-Pick veggies, you can trust what you are putting in your mouth for dinner.
Parmesan Brussels sprouts
- 16 oz. (450g) *Brussels sprouts, rinsed
- 3 tablespoons *Spectrum Organic Olive Oil (or melted butter)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, or to taste
*ALOD produce and products
1. To prepare the roasted Brussel sprouts: Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit or 200 degrees Celsius. Trim the bottom of the Brussel sprouts, and slice each Brussel sprout in half, top to bottom. Prepare a large baking sheet (you can line it with parchment paper if you like).
2. Pat the Brussel sprouts dry with paper towels and place them in a large bowl. Add olive oil, Italian seasoning, garlic, parmesan, salt, and pepper. Toss gently to coat the Brussels sprouts evenly.
3. Place the Brussel spouts on the prepared baking sheet, spreading evenly into one layer. Bake the parmesan Brussel sprouts on the center rack for 25 to 30 minutes--- Adjust the time depending on your oven, the vegetables should be golden brown.
4. Transfer the parmesan roasted Brussel sprouts to a large serving bowl and sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley if you like.
Enjoy from A Land of Delight to your family!